Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Obligatory Thanksgiving Post

In the category of "things you should've seen coming," I present to you a brief list of the things I am thankful for this holiday season.

1. The fact that people actually read this blog. How ridiculous is that, honestly?
1B. My dedicated readers, especially all the Howard Hall staff; the ladies of the fourth floor; my favorite penguino-loving, Asian-named Mexican; my favorite Logan Berry turned Wentworth Leopard turned Purdue Boilermaker; and my favowite wittle pilgwim:

2. Jenna Marbles
3. Spotify, not so much because it allows me to be cheap & legally avoid buying music, but because it provides such interesting insights into the lives of all of my Facebook friends...because I am creepy.
4. School breaks dedicated to holidays revolving solely around food
5. Ryan Gosling
6. The fact that the Kohl's Black Friday ads have Rebecca Black's "Friday" accompanying them...oh wait.
7. Native Americans, because they provide us with great films like Pocahontas and great photographs like this:

7B. Cultural insensitivity
8. Sycamore ice cream stored in the freezer during the off-season
9. Crewneck sweatshirts, because hoodies are for losers
10. The Book of Mormon (whether I mean the musical or the bible is up to you)
11. Everything Joel Stein has ever written, ever
12. The fact that I no longer look like this:

13. Khloe Kardashian, for telling me that headdresses are acceptable to wear in daily life
14. The Eli Lilly corporation and the Cass County Community Foundation - don't wur-E guyz, eye iz doin gr8 @ noter daym
15. Theology professors who cancel three weeks of class and replace tests with 100%s for everyone
16. Whoever decided that the Folk Choir needs to go to a certain city in a certain country for a certain football game next fall
17. Having an RA who enjoys keeping her residents from doing their homework and listening to me talk whenever she has her door open.
18. My recent (read: made-right-now) discovery that there is a character on NCIS Los Angeles who is an actual human representation of Edna Mode from The Incredibles.
19. People who partake in Facebook status gimmicks like "Truth Is," because they make the decision of who to put on that "hide from my News Feed" list so much easier
20. Idina Menzel
21. Mean Girls
22. Wedges, for saving me from a life in which I'm forced to wear miserable heels to be tall
23. The fact that my family does not partake in Black Friday shopping, because I would rather die than get up in the wee hours of the morning to go deal with coupon-loving hillbillies
24. Sperrys, North Face jackets, and Anthropologie sweaters, for allowing me to convince my Notre Dame peers that I'm as rich as them
25. Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment